History & attractions
Best Western Plus Brzeg Centrum
- The Castle of Silesian Piasts, the so-called „The Silesian Wawel” (the oldest parts of the Castle dates back to the end of the XIII century). In XVI century Renaissance style reconstruction of the Brzeg Dukes residential town. The Castle was destroyed during the King Frederick II of Prussia siege of the town in 1741. It was rebuilt between 1966 and 1990. The preserved richly decorated facade of the building is considered to be one of the most magnificent historical monument of the Renaissance period in Central Europe. Presently, the castle houses the Museum of the Silesian Piasts (the history of the Silesian Piasts, Silesian sculpture and painting of XV-XVIII centuries, the only perfectly preserved medieval hunting bow in Poland from XIV century). (DISTANCE FROM THE HOTEL: approx. 150 m)
- St Jadwiga's Castle Church - the chancel of the former collegiate church built in the 14th century, converted into the mausoleum of the Legnica and Brzeg Piasts in XVI century. Twenty-two copper and tin sarcophaguses with the remains of the Legnica and Brzeg Piasts were preserved in the church crypt – it is the biggest dynastic necropolis of Central Europe.
- The Raising of the Holy Cross Church is a Baroque church and was erected on the site of the Dominican church and monastery demolished in 1545. The Jesuits who settled in Brzeg in 1681, undertook the initiative of the church construction 1734-1739 and decorated the interior of the church with magnificent (the author of the polychromies -Jesuit Jan Kuben). In the Church interior there is XVIII century pieta. (DISTANCE FROM THE HOTEL: approx. 220 m)
- Gothic St. Nicholas Church (1365-1427) including gothic triptych from 1500, gothic polychromies (in the sacristy) from 1418-1428, with the bourgeoisie epitaphs from the Renaissance to the Baroque. The Church has one of the tallest main naves in Silesia (approx. 30 metres high). (DISTANCE FROM THE HOTEL: approx. 500 m)
- The Renaissance Town Hall (1570- 1577) including the Large Ceiling Room (Wielka Sala stropowa) with larch ceiling from 1648 and early Rococo Councilmens Room (Sala Rajców) from 1746. (DISTANCE FROM THE HOTEL: approx. 400 m)
- Gimnazjum Piastowskie, the former Gymnasium Illustre Bregense during 1564-1569, destroyed in 1741 and 1945. Rebuilt in 1963-1967. The preserved Renaissance gate features a vault and the gate portal. (DISTANCE FROM THE HOTEL: approx. 250m)
- Brzeg - hometown of Bartholomeus Stein (Silesian, who in the Middle Ages created a pioneering and complete description of the region).
- Brzeg - birthplace of painter Oskar Moll and world famous conductor Kurt Masur.
Best Western Plus Brzeg Centrum Hotel is located in the city centre of Brzeg and surrounded by the Castle of Silesian Piasts. The Hotel offers 4 multifunctional and fully equipped conference rooms, Restaurant and 60 Hotel rooms. Detailed information about the conference infrastructure and rooms can be found on the left side menu under: Banquets and Conferences and Rooms.
In case of any additional questions, we kindly invite you to contact us on e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
It will be our pleasure to provide you with the detailed information to your questions.